So…you want to look a Great White Shark in the face AND arrive with a bang?
Well, then you can’t beat arriving in a helicopter. Marine Dynamics is partnering with Cape Town Helicopters to bring you one unforgettable experience! Enjoy non-stop thrills as you venture into the sky and then delve beneath the sea to look a Great White in the eye.
Don’t let this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity pass you by. Seize this incredible opportunity and BOOK NOW! (Package rate to be confirmed)
What to expect
- Guests will depart from the V&A Waterfront for the journey of a lifetime.
- It is an hour scenic flight to Gansbaai. Start the day with a view of Table Mountain and the Cape Town City Bowl and soar over the Hottentots Holland Mountains. From there it will be an endless view of verdant valleys, wine farms, mountain ranges and the possibility of spotting whales from above (whales are normally visible from July-December).
- Meet at the Great White House in Kleinbaai.
- Depending on the time, you will sit down to breakfast or lunch.
- Register your size for a clean and dry wetsuit.
- Make your way down to the harbour and board Slashfin. The boat is a one-of-a-kind in the industry made of aluminium and designed for stability, speed, low maintenance and safety.
- It takes a mere 20 minutes to get to Dyer Island and anchors for approximately 2 hours. However this is only an estimate as the trip depends on conditions, number of divers and (of course) shark activity.
- On most trips at least two or more animals of the Marine Big 5 are spotted – sharks, whales, dolphins, penguins and seals – and several different bird species.
- The trip normally ends with a tour of the infamous Shark Alley.
- Guests will then be debriefed at the Great White House, watch a short video of the trip and enjoy a celebratory beverage.
- Return to the V&A Waterfront by helicopter with the spectacular scenery laid before you and a chance to reflect on the wonders of the day.
Number of People:
- The boat can host up to 35 passengers and the crew. The sheer size allows for space and the upper deck makes for great viewing from above (especially for those that are not interested in getting too personal with an apex predator of the ocean!).
Cape Town Helicopters
Not only are these model helicopters reliable but they are styling as well! Feel and look like an A-lister in one of our models:
- The Robin R44 can seat up to 3 passengers.
- The Bell 206 Jet Ranger can seat up to 4 passengers.
- The Bell 206 Long Ranger can seat up to 6 passengers.
There is no age limit! Both companies have experienced crew members with an emphasis on providing quality service, safety and five-star experience. Only the best and most reliable equipment is being used. Children younger than 2 fly for free and as long as kids can hold their breath underwater it is at the discretion of the parents.