Shark Week 2021 ft Dickie Chivell and Alison Towner
The Discovery Channel and Discovery+ is back for a 33rd Shark Week Season starting Sunday, 11 July through to Sunday, 18 July 2021. This Shark Week Season will feature a number of programmes starring our team members, PhD candidate Alison Towner and marine conservationist/adventurer/skipper Dickie Chivell. Shark Week boasts the most hours of programming this year, so make sure to schedule reminders, get comfy and prep for a shark-filled week.
Shark Week 2021 will feature Senior Shark Biologist Alison Towner and marine conservationist Dickie Chivell in the following shows:
- JOSH GATES TONIGHT - Airing Sunday, July 11 at 11PM ET/PT
- Air Jaws: Going For Gold – Airing Monday, July 12 at 8PM ET/PT
- Jaws Awakens: Phred vs. Slash – Airing Monday, July 12 at 9PM ET/PT
- Great White Comeback – Streaming Tuesday, July 13 exclusively on discovery+
- Mega Jaws Of Bird Island – Airing Thursday, July 15 at 10PM ET/PT
SHARK WEEK COMPETITION:
Experience your own Shark Week adventure in Gansbaai, South Africa, by entering our competition
We are offering a shark cage diving adventure for two guests in the world-famous Shark Alley and Shallows off Gansbaai, South Africa. Join our experienced crew and learn more about this incredible ecosystem from the guiding marine biologist on board. Marine Dynamics has won various international responsible-tourism awards for our exceptional 5-star service and providing the necessary platform to conduct important research on sharks in our ecosystem. Learn more about how shark cage diving is saving sharks. #ScienceSavesSharks
Board our custom-built 14m Catamaran vessel, Slashfin, designed specifically for comfort and safety. We provide all necessary diving gear. You do not have to be scuba certified to join our trip, the cage is attached to the vessel and does not drop below the surface. It’s as easy as taking a deep breath and submerging yourself in the mysterious world of the majestic Gansbaai sharks.
Once back on land, you will enjoy a delicious meal at the Great White House Restaurant with Shark Week cast member and Senior White shark Biologist, Alison Towner.
Enjoy a night’s stay at the luxurious Grootbos Nature Reserve, tucked between mountains, forest and sea. A melting pot of biodiversity, culture and natural wonder. All of our accommodation has been designed to reflect the exquisite natural setting of the Grootbos Nature Reserve, while never compromising on style or luxury. Forest Lodge is modern and minimalist in design, ensuring a soothing atmosphere. Relax in one of the 16 freestanding suites, while absorbing the natural beauty surrounding you. Breathe in the fynbos-scented air and release your worries as nature works its magic.
How to enter:
SUBJECT: Shark Week 2021 Competition
Answer a few questions.
Share this competition on your preferred social channel and tag @MarineDynamics and @Grootbos in your post.
Your Name (Passport Name) and email address will be required to inform you if you are the lucky winner.
We will not use your personal details for further marketing purposes.
MD: What is the name of our shark cage diving vessel?
Grootbos: How many luxury suites are available at Forest Lodge?
The Great White House: Which marine animal skeleton is suspended from the roof?
Shark Week: In how many programs do Alison and Dickie feature in this Shark Week Season?
Accommodation Grootbos Private Nature Reserve: 1 night for two guests
Shark Cage Diving adventure for two guests
Meal for two at the Great White House with Alison Towner
Congratulations to Jenica Hall for winning our Shark Week 2021 competition!
Enter Name (Passport Name) and email address.
Answer competition questions.
Share the competition on your preferred social media channel and tag @MarineDynamics and @Grootbos (FB/Twitter/Instagram)
Winner selected via Lucky Draw. The Winner will be announced on 18 July 2021.
BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. SPONSORS: Marine Dynamics Shark Tours, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve and The Great White House
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins on Sunday, July 11, 2021 and ends on Sunday, July 18, 2021 (“Entry Period”), when all Entries (defined below) must be received.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to those individuals who are legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age. Proof of eligibility may be required. The Promotion is NOT open to any of the following: (i) current employees, officers, or directors of Sponsor or any of its affiliates or (ii) any of such persons’ immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings or grandchildren), other family members (spouses of siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of the same household (whether related or not).
4. ENTRY: Any eligible entrant (“Entrant”) may enter the Competition by (a) visiting the Marine Dynamics website at: www.marinedynamics.co.za and sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entry forms must be filled out completely and truthfully. Failure to complete the entry form and provide truthful and pertinent information may result in disqualification from the Competition. Disqualification is in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Upon submitting the entry form, an Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion (an “Entry(ies)”). Limit of one (1) Entry per by an Entrant throughout the Entry Period. Entries by the same individual in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entering or attempting to enter the Competition multiple times through the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit Entries is prohibited and all such Entries will be deemed void and disqualified. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants are prohibited from submitting in the registration form any content that is defamatory, obscene, inappropriate or contains content owned by a third party and any such Entry will be disqualified. Personal Information collected as part of the Competition will not be used for further marketing purposes.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On Monday, July 19, 2021, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. A potential winner becomes a “winner” only after verification of eligibility by Sponsor. Prizes must be claimed by the winner within 24 hours following the drawing. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to the drawing.
6. PRIZES: Winner will receive a voucher (valid for 12 months) for:
Marine Dynamics Shark Cage diving for two people.
Grootbos accommodation for one night for two people.
Great White House meal for two people.
Prizes have no cash value and may not be exchanged for cash or credit.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions are allowed.
7. NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via the contact information provided by the Entrants in the entry forms on Monday, July 19, 2021. A potential winner may be required, in Sponsor’s discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (collectively, the "Affidavit") to claim the Prize. In the event: (a) a potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or an Affidavit is not timely returned; (b) a potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the Prize for any reason; (c) a potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Competition or receive the Prize; (d) a potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, or (e) a potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner may be disqualified from the Competition and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the other eligible Entries received. If a Prize is unclaimed by a winner for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner.
8. PUBLICITY AND RELEASE: By entering in the Competition, unless prohibited by law, each Entrant consents to Sponsor and any of its designees using and/or publishing (a) the Entrant’s name (b) testimonials, opinions, statements made by the Entrant regarding the Competition or Sponsor, and/or (c) other information submitted as part of the Entry, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes including but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any form of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, each without further limitation, restriction, compensation, consideration, notice, review or approval. Entrant may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Furthermore by entering, all participants and/or entrants agree to release Sponsor from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Competition and/or his/her receipt or use of any element of the Prize awarded in this Competition including any injury or harm resulting from any use of the Prize related thereto. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any Prize element are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms.
9. GENERAL: By entering this Competition, the Entrant represents and warrants that entrant will: (1) fully comply with these Official Rules and all applicable law, and (2) indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its affiliates, and each of their respective agents and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, (“Loss”) arising out of or relating to any violation of these Official Rules, any applicable laws, or any rights of any third party by the Entrant. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for late or incomplete Entries or for technical failures of any kind that may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, the Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. By accepting a Prize, each winner acknowledges and agrees that (a) the winner will be responsible for any applicable taxes, and (b) the winner will absolve, defend and indemnify the Sponsor Parties from any and all third party Losses resulting from winner’s receipt of, handling of and/or use of the Prize. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and each Prize is awarded "AS IS" with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied. The depiction of the Prize in any advertising or promotional materials may not be identical to the one awarded to a winner. All expenses and costs associated with a Prize not expressly stated as part of the Prize package described above are the responsibility solely of the winner of that Prize.